Aromatherapy has been increasing in popularity steadily over the last decade, with people finding more benefits to their use every day. One of the most commonly treated ailments is stress, which can lead to anxiety and depression if not treated. If you are under an undue amount of pressure that is affecting your every day life, then you might want to consider adding one of these essential oils to your list of things to buy.
If you are serious about using essential oils to relieve stress, you will need to find ways to disperse the scent. At home you can use a large one (essential oil diffuser, that is), while when out and about you can wear an essential oil diffuser necklace. This work by placing an oil soaked paper inside of the locket, where the scent is slowly emitted through out the day.
- Rose oil – it makes no difference if the flower was red, white or yellow, rose oil is one of the best known scents when it comes to reducing stress.
- Frankincense – This blend is not only aromatic, it inspires relaxation and can even help you to fall asleep easier.
- Lavender – Lavender is considered to be soothing, allowing your mind to calm down and regain focus. This works well at home too since the subtle scent will not be overpowering.
- Marjoram – If you are stressed from grief or emotional distress, this strong smelling spice will allow you to pass through it with a calmer mind.
- Chamomile – Not only does the smell of chamomile help to relieve anxiety causing stress, it has many medicinal properties that help improve your overall health.
- Geranium – like the flower, the smell of geranium inspires cheer and good will, allowing you to move past stressors in your life.
- Ylang Ylang – It is believed that the strong scent of ylang ylang will actually help you disperse thoughts of anger and even frustration. This is a good one to have on hand when you know you are going to be dealing with a difficult situation.
The beauty of essential oils is that they are all natural products, derived from plants. This makes them safe to use in almost every circumstance, without fear of doing harm to yourself or the planet. Instead of running to the shrink to refill your anti-anxiety prescription, why not first try some regular exercise and one of these essential oils to clear your head and eliminate stress.Read More